You may not tender for shipment any of the following prohibited items (“Prohibited Items”):
- Cash and currency.
- Live animals, except as provided in the Live Animals and Ornamental Marine Life (Including Live Fish) section. (Edible seafood, such as live lobsters, crabs or other types of fish and shellfish for human consumption, is acceptable, provided the shipper is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.)
- Animal carcasses. (Animal heads and other parts for taxidermy may be accepted but must be properly packaged. This restriction does not apply to properly packaged meat or poultry products intended for human consumption.)
- Human corpses, human body parts, human embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
- Shipments that require us to obtain a local, state or federal license for their transportation. Some examples are Prescription Drugs and Rx.
- Shipments that may cause damage or delay to equipment, personnel or other shipments.
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by law.
- Hazardous waste. This includes, but is not limited to, used hypodermic needles or syringes transported for sterilization, recycling, disposal or for any other purpose, or other medical waste.
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odor of any kind.
- Live insects.
- Items or commodities that are prohibited to either be possessed or shipped by applicable local, state or federal law.
- Waste or garbage for disposal.
- Alcohol or alcoholic beverages.
- Any other items prohibited by law as detailed by our partners FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, or any of our other carrier partners.
- You hereby represent and warrant that (i) none of your shipments contain any illegal, hazardous or Prohibited Items and (ii) you will comply with all applicable shipping laws, including 49 C.F.R. and federal Hazardous Materials Regulations. You agree to reimburse Shyp for any expenses or costs, including consequential damages, we or anyone else may incur as a result of a breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
- We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to open and inspect your Full-Service shipment at any time, take photographs of the items in your Full-Service shipment for our internal use to provide the Services, and may permit and/or contact government authorities to carry out such inspections and seize shipments as they may consider appropriate. We reserve the right to reject, suspend, or cancel the shipment or carriage of any Prohibited Items, or any shipment that Shyp believes may contain materials that may damage other shipments or that may constitute a risk to our equipment or employees or to those of our service providers. We may or may not notify you of any of the foregoing and we are not responsible for and hereby disclaim any liability relating to any non-delivery of any items that are prohibited by this TOS or by law and any such items may be turned over to authorities, discarded, or returned to the sender (in each case in Shyp’s sole discretion). You may request that Shyp and its agents or third party business partners not open, remove packaging, or otherwise inspect your Pre-Packaged Shipment (defined herein). By doing so, you waive any right to reimbursement for loss or damage to your shipment, as further specified in this TOS. However, you acknowledge and agree that Shyp (and its agents or third party business partners) may take such actions with respect to your shipment, even if you request otherwise, if Shyp determines in its sole discretion that such action is necessary to assess compliance with this TOS or is otherwise required by applicable law or regulation. You acknowledge and agree that you, and not Shyp, are solely responsible for your compliance with this TOS, including without limitation the AUP. Shyp is not liable for damage to your shipment (including a Pre-Packaged Shipment) or any harm to a person which results from your non-compliance with this TOS.
- You acknowledge that Shyp or its third party representatives may reject, cancel, or suspend the shipment or carriage of any item tendered for shipment using the Full-Service option which exceeds the then-current size and weight limits for Full-Service shipments as described within the Service, or for which inaccurate or incomplete shipment information is provided (each, a “Non-Conforming Shipment”) at any time. Shyp will notify you in the event that Shyp deems an item to be a Non-Conforming Shipment, and will retain such Non-Conforming Item at Shyp’s local facility until (i) you have the Non-Conforming Shipment picked up from the designated Shyp facility during posted hours, (ii) you elect to have the Non-Conforming Shipment returned to you by a courier, or (iii) until 20 business days have passed since you tendered the Non-Conforming Shipment for shipment, at which time Shyp may discard or dispose of the item at its discretion.